Stocking Your Book
Stocking Your Book
If your book has been published, or will be published soon, we'd love to hear from you and consider whether to stock your book at Scuppernong.
There are a few things your book should have before we can consider it:
- It should be professionally proofed, edited, designed, and published,
- It should have a spine with the title and author on it,
- It should have a scannable bar code,
- It should be priced comparably to others of its type,
- It should be appropriate for our store; i.e., it should not be in a genre that we do not stock or promote.
Please note: We no longer accept books published by, or through, Createspace, a division of Amazon.com.
We only accept self-published or self-promoted books on a consignment basis and we don't pay shipping for consignment titles. If we accept your book, we will pay you 60% of the retail price for any copies that we sell.
Generally, we review the status of consignment titles twice a year. If a title has not sold, we request the author pick up unsold copies at that time. Copies that are not picked up are donated to charities.
When we support your book by stocking it, we ask that you support us by having your promotional material direct customers to Scuppernong Books for purchasing, and that your website directs orders to our store and to www.indiebound.com, the independent bookstores’ national online site.
If, after reading this you would like us to consider your book, please tell us about your book by completing the form below. We may request a review copy. We'll do our best to get back to you with a decision within seven days.
Booking an Event
If you are requesting an event with us, a signing or a reading, there's a place on the form linked above for additional information. Generally, events should be booked 6-8 weeks in advance.
Here's what we'll ask you on the form:
- Why the event would be successful
- Number of family and friends who would attend who have not already bought the book,
- Ways you would promote the event
- Local publicity you could generate
- Whether or not you will be at other stores/venues in this area.
Thank you for sharing your book with us. We wish you every success.