Not in the Flesh (Inspector Wexford #21) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the Inspector Wexford series.
- #1: From Doon with Death: The First Inspector Wexford Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Sins of the Fathers: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Wolf to the Slaughter: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Best Man to Die (Inspector Wexford #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: A Guilty Thing Surprised: Inspector Wexford Book 5 (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: No More Dying Then (Inspector Wexford #6) (Paperback): $14.00
- #7: Murder Being Once Done (Inspector Wexford #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: Some Lie and Some Die (Inspector Wexford #8) (Paperback): $15.00
- #9: Shake Hands Forever (Inspector Wexford #9) (Paperback): $14.95
- #10: A Sleeping Life (Inspector Wexford #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: Death Notes: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: The Speaker of Mandarin (Chief Inspector Wexford Mysteries (Audio) #12) (MP3 CD): $14.99
- #13: Unkindness of Ravens (Inspector Wexford #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: Veiled One (Inspector Wexford #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #17: Road Rage (Inspector Wexford #17) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: The Babes in the Wood (Chief Inspector Wexford Mysteries (Audio) #19) (Compact Disc): $14.99
- #20: End in Tears (Inspector Wexford #20) (Paperback): $14.95
After a truffle-hunting dog unearths a human hand instead of a precious fungus, Chief Inspector Wexford and his team proceed to interrogate everyone who lives nearby to see if they can turn up a match for the errant appendage among the eighty-five people who have disappeared over the past decade in this part of England. Then, when a second body is discovered nearby, Wexford experiences a feeling that's become a rarity for the veteran policeman: surprise. As Wexford painstakingly moves to resolve these multiple mysteries, long-buried secrets are brought to daylight, and Ruth Rendell once again proves why she has been hailed as our greatest living mystery writer.
About the Author
RUTH RENDELL has won numerous awards, including three Edgars, the highest accolade from Mystery Writers of America, as well as three Gold Daggers, a Silver Dagger, and a Diamond Dagger for outstanding contribution to the genre from England’s prestigious Crime Writer’s Association. A member of the House of Lords, she lives in London.
“Ghoulish fun.... The height of her malevolent powers. Rendell can do whatever she likes and still get away with it.” —The New York Times“Vivid and witty. Wexford is his usual smart, compassionate self as he unravels a web of lies and deception larger than any of the characters realize.” —Los Angeles Times“To call Ruth Rendell prolific is akin to calling the Grand Canyon a slight dip in the landscape. . . . Not in the Flesh is the work of a writer who continues to command respect and satisfy her legion of writers.” —Richmond Times-Dispatch“The unflappable detective still hasn’t worn out his welcome.... A fine example of Rendell’s sharp writing, intelligence, and humanity.”—The Christian Science Monitor“In the best whodunit tradition, Rendell advances her plot through surprises...so shocking they dash all calculations.”—The New York Times Book Review