Shake Hands Forever (Inspector Wexford #9) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Inspector Wexford series.
- #1: From Doon with Death: The First Inspector Wexford Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Sins of the Fathers: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Wolf to the Slaughter: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Best Man to Die (Inspector Wexford #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: A Guilty Thing Surprised: Inspector Wexford Book 5 (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: No More Dying Then (Inspector Wexford #6) (Paperback): $14.00
- #7: Murder Being Once Done (Inspector Wexford #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: Some Lie and Some Die (Inspector Wexford #8) (Paperback): $15.00
- #10: A Sleeping Life (Inspector Wexford #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: Death Notes: An Inspector Wexford Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: The Speaker of Mandarin (Chief Inspector Wexford Mysteries (Audio) #12) (MP3 CD): $14.99
- #13: Unkindness of Ravens (Inspector Wexford #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: Veiled One (Inspector Wexford #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #17: Road Rage (Inspector Wexford #17) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: The Babes in the Wood (Chief Inspector Wexford Mysteries (Audio) #19) (Compact Disc): $14.99
- #20: End in Tears (Inspector Wexford #20) (Paperback): $14.95
- #21: Not in the Flesh (Inspector Wexford #21) (Paperback): $16.00
The bed was neatly made, and the woman on top neatly strangled.
According to all accounts, Angela Hathall was deeply in love with her husband and far too paranoid to invite an unknown person into their home. So who managed to gain entry and strangle her without a struggle? That is the problem facing Inspector Wexford in Shake Hands Forever. Perhaps it was the mystery woman who left her fingerprints on the Hathall's bathtub? Perhaps it was Angela's husband who lied about a stolen library book? And why was the Hathall home, usually so unkempt, exqisitely clean the day of Angela's death? Then a neighbor--friendly, knowing, disarmingly beautiful--offers Wexford her assistance. And what begins as a rather tricky case turns into an obsession that threatens to destroy the Inspector's career--as well as his marriage.
Maddeningly addictive, smart and surprising, Shake Hands Forever showcases Ruth Rendell at the height of her storytelling powers.
About the Author
Ruth Rendell is the author of Road Rage, The Keys to the Street, Bloodlines, Simisola, and The Crocodile Bird. She is the winner of the Mystery Writers of America Grand Master Award. She is also the recipient of three Edgars from the Mystery Writers of America and four Gold Daggers from Great Britain’s Crime Writers Association. In 1997, she was named a life peer in the House of Lords. Ruth Rendell also writes mysteries under the name of Barbara Vine, of which A Dark Adapted Eye is the most famous. She lives in England.
"Chief Inspector Wexford is one of the most admirable presences in mystery fiction today." --The New York Times Book Review
"Rendell is a master of the form." --The Washington Post Book World
"No one can take you so totally into the recesses of the human mind as does Ruth Rendell." --The Christian Science Monitor
"The best mystery writer anywhere in the English-speaking world." --The Boston Globe