The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist #4) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the The Monstrumologist series.
- #1: The Monstrumologist (Hardcover): $21.99
- #2: The Curse of the Wendigo (The Monstrumologist #2) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #3: The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist #3) (Hardcover): $18.99
Will Henry and Dr. Warthrop have encountered many horrors together—but can Will endure a monstrumological terror without his mentor?
Will Henry has been through more that seems possible for a boy of fourteen. He’s been on the brink of death on more than one occasion, he has gazed into hell—and hell has stared back at him, and known his face. But through it all, Dr. Warthrop has been at his side.
When Dr. Warthrop fears that Will’s loyalties may be shifting, he turns on Will with a fury, determined to reclaim his young apprentice’s devotion. And so Will must face one of the most horrific creatures of his monstrumology career—and he must face it alone.
Over the course of one day, Will’s life—and Pellinor Warthrop’s destiny—will lie in balance. In the terrifying depths of the Monstrumarium, they will face a monster more terrible than any they could have imagined—and their fates will be decided.
About the Author
Rick Yancey is the author of The Monstrumologist, The Curse of the Wendigo, The Isle of Blood, and The Final Descent. He is also the author of The Fifth Wave series. Rick lives with his wife Sandy and two sons in Gainesville, Florida. Visit him at RickYancey.com.
* "It can now be said with assurance that The Monstrumologist series is a landmark of modern YA fiction...Beyond a simple finale, this is a brave statement about the duplexity of good and evil, and the deadly trap in which all of us are snared."
— Booklist, starred review
"The Monstrumologist series proves young adult literature is capable of being intelligent, thought provokidng, and horrifyingly dark."
— Romantic Times Book Review
"Should thrill and horrify—in the best way possible—ardent and loyal fans."
— The Horn Book
* "A little bit of Mary Shelley, H.P. Lovecraft, Hitchcock, and Poe are brought to bear in this heavy tale...Adults who love YA will enjoy this one, too."
— VOYA, 5Q 5P S, starred review